Friday, May 04, 2007

On The Road Again...

It doesn't matter what I do in my life, what plans I make, what job I commit to... When May rolls around, the Fates, The Almighty, or whatever universal power you believe in, dictates that I go on tour with a BYU group. So here I am, in Todd County High School in Mission, South Dakota (yes, I finally made it to at least one of the Dakotas!) on the Rosebud Indian Reservation. I am sitting backstage during a Living Legends show, and realized that there might actually be internet access. Lucky me!! Of course, yahoo! is blocked so I can't check my email, but I can at least communicate via blog. So, I was asked to accompany the LLs on this years tour, and I just couldn't get things worked out to miss a whole month of work... it's just not possible to take off from one's job for a month. I wish it was. If touring with this group could be my full time job, I'd love it... but, alas, it cannot be. BUT, when, as a birthday present, I was given an extra day off work and it happened to be this first week of tour, I did a little switching around, got Shirley to cover 2 days for me, and here I am spending my "vacation" in rainy South Dakota, working REALLY hard, driving for HOURS a day, loading in and out, sleeping in strange places (oh, just wait for the next entry....), NO cell phone coverage, very rare internet access, etc., etc., and absolutely loving every minute of it. So, photos are to follow, a few cool stories, and strange tales of surreal experiences... they just seek me out. I fly home again on Sunday, leaving these sweet babies of mine to finish off the rest of tour, including North Dakota (I'll get there someday), Saskatchewan, and Alberta without me. It sort of breaks my heart. How crazy is that???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Almost makes me wanna leave phoniex (its 104 today) and go back on tour...ONLY if we can talk about the performers on headset...