Monday, June 04, 2007

What Have Happen?

So, um, I disappeared into The Abyss. Just want those of you who have not been to visit said Abyss lately that I didn't actually die. This is the time of the year when I now expect unexpected deaths... But miraculously this past weekend did NOT actually involve my death. This is a miracle. I have Bad Watersport Karma (BWK). It's not really my fault. How many people get pushed under a raft at the boyscout camp lake in a faulty life vest? Or are on the first-ever flipped wave runner thingy at Bear Lake? Or have to be cut out of the parasailing harness 500 yards off the coast of Tunisia after a faulty chute/bad boat driver pulled you under and dragged you into the Mediterranean? This is not my imagination. It all happened. So I am proud to announce that I participated in a water sport and DID NOT DIE. This is BIG. Thanks to Elliott's dreamy and super-manly steering, Katie's loud paddling directions, Amy and Tim's "Potatoes", and little Kimball's reassuring white arm on my knee, I lived through the infamous Lunch Counter and Big Kahuna rapids on the Snake River on my first-ever whitewater adventure. And I LOVED it. AND there are photos to prove that I was actually there. Thank you, Katie, for the use of your OSIM Kavu Coolie hat. Yes, I know how H-O-T I look- don't try to bribe me with these photos. I'm too high on my current reversal of BWK to be too upset by them.



4 comments:

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

HOT Potato!

Janni said...

so hot!

Nathan said...

heather anna riggas!!! you guys look so fun....I want to be there with you....I miss you AND hope you aint super mad at me for stealing that book....ALSO check out my blog....I'm putting a link to yours on mine. I'm at nothingislostforever.blogspot.com!!! I love you!
Nathan

Herrick said...

Hey stranger-I'm glad I found your blog. I didn't know there was an albino in the Riggs family. Seriously, you need to get some more sun. I wish I was there. You need to come out to NYC and spend some time with all your friends.