Monday, January 19, 2009

Crazy Eights

8 Shows to Love
1. The Office.
2. Brothers and Sisters
3. Private Practice
4. Top Chef
5. Iron Chef
6. All of the Mark & Olly docs on the Travel Channel ( a new one starts soon!!)
7. Deadwood (ah Bullock, how I love thee)
8. Six Feet Under. Forever. I will never forget watching the series finale all alone in my hotel room in Anchorage and sobbing until it hurt.


8 Favorite Restaurants
1. Bombay House
2. The Bohemian
3. Is the Sunday Brunch buffet at the Bellagio a restaurant?
4. Doughboys
5. The Döner Kebap place in the Hannover Germany train station
6. The Italian place on Sunset Boulevard in LA that has fried mozzarella cakes in lemon sauce.
7. Carnegie Deli (Reubens)
8. Let’s be honest- Village Inn

8 Things I did Yesterday
1. Neutered a cat
2. Took 13 teenage girls to a play
3. Slept on the couch with 3 dogs and 2 cats
4. Ate a rice crispy treat for breakfast
5. Did my dishes
6. Watched Top Chef instead of going to bed at a reasonable hour
7. Took the recycling to the curb at home AND at work
8. Forgot to take my vitamins. Again.

8 Things I like about this season
1. Going inside from the freezing outside and feeling my cheeks thaw
2. Sunshine after a snowstorm- skies have never been so blue.
3. Feeling confident about my snow driving skills, although I trust few others with theirs (TURN INTO THE SKID!!)
4. Delicious seasonal treats, but I see no reason not to roast a turkey in July
5. I love the feeling of blinking and feeling that my eyes are cold
6. Festivities galore
7. Christmas—something to look forward to
8. Knowing that it can’t last forever, even if about now I feel like it will. Spring is next. That’s the best of all

8 Things on my wish list
1. A car with windows that stay up in the winter
2. A new pair of shoes. It’s been way too long
3. World peace. At least it made my #3
4. A vacation. A real live-go somewhere I don’t have to and sit on the beach-vacation. Never had one. REALLY want one. You know, sit and read a book and snooze in the hammock until Antonio brings me another drink with an umbrella in it.
5. A black party dress
6. A first kiss. NO comment from the peanut gallery, OK?
7. A real live old school Riggs Family Sunday Dinner
8. A restful, easy, peaceful night’s sleep where I wake up refreshed and energized. I hear they exist.

8 People I tag
1. Katie has already done this…. there goes one
2. Nathan T
3. Amy Laurel
4. Adrian
5. Dad
6. Samy
7. Kate
8. David

1 comment:

Laurel Leaves said...

I love your list! Also I love you and when you blog. I will post my after I get my pages for the day done, so maybe this evening.

I am glad you wrote those, I have a black evening gown but it doesn't fit me.

I adore you!Or did I mention that?

Kisses
Amy