Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tag, I'm It!

Whoa. Really? I did not melt into the earth, nor did I get abducted by aliens. I am shamefully behind when it comes to reading and/or updating blogs. Terrible, I say. Months ago I was tagged with a little "get to know you" alphabet thing. I have been working on it, so here is what I've got.

Attached or single:
More attached to my four-legged beasts than I should admit. Enamored. Completely smitten. And (apparently) meant to be eternally single.

Best friend
Wow. Hard one. I don’t believe in superlatives. All friends are best.

Cake or pie
Hmmm… Pie. More crust, please. Although Katie's recent cheesecake baking may convert me.

Day of choice
Lately, Monday. My day off. And having Sunday just before sort of FORCES me to unwind a little.

Essential item
Mascara, I guess. A girl shouldn’t leave the house without her eyes on. And Cherry Ice lip balm.

Favorite color
Utah June Late Morning Sky Blue

Gummy bears or worms
Bears. Gummi, please. Red.

Hometown
Orem, Utah. I'm eternally attached to the foot of Timpanogos. My roots are here, can't fight it.

Indulgences
Not as many as I wish… At least 2 hits on the snooze button, although it profiteth me nothing.

January or july
July. Not a question. July. January is bleak. It is the useless spacer between the Holidays and Spring. I wish we could skip it.

Kids
Like ‘em. What funny little people they are. They scare me, though, because they grow into big people, and adults like me can influence what kind they grow into.

Life is incomplete without
animals. Really. Without guile. Beautiful and unique, every shape, size, color, texture…

Marriage dates
Wait. Dates before marriage, right? Then a big fat NO to BOTH.

Number of siblings
3. I’m the eldest, 2 sisters, and the infamous brother

Oranges or apples
Apples. No question. You have never eaten an apple until you have picked it from the tree yourself and you can literally taste the change from summer to fall, the cooler weather is inside that apple... But if clementines count as oranges, then count me in for a case a day when they are in season. You think I jest...

Phobias or fears
Having my fingers cut off with scissors. Can’t explain it. Its more unique than a plain old clown phobia, at least.

Quotes
"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it." --Helen Keller

Reason to smile
Private moments between your mind and your heart when suddenly things make sense. If only for a flash.

Season spring or fall
YES PLEASE!! I love them both. But the older I get, the more I long for the absolute miracle of spring. It amazes me every time the way it sneaks up on you just when you are sure winter cannot possible ever come to an end.

Tag 3
is there anyone left out there who hasn’t done this yet?

Unknown fact
I love to walk to the mailbox barefoot. No matter the season or weather, I will go there barefoot.

V
Can anyone tell me what "V"is? Nathan and Katie are both missing this letter.

Worst habit
That’s hard. I have a lot. How about stacking? I put things in stacks. Papers. Projects. Clothes. There are never-ending stacks surrounding me. Stacks are the original storage solution.

X-ray or ultrasound
Today I took an x-ray of a green tree python. Period.

Your favorite food
Cheese. It is clogging my arteries one delicious snack at a time. I worship the ground that cheese rolls upon. It makes my hereditary high cholesterol that much more unfair.

Zodiac
Aries. The Ram. This is a pretty accurate description…

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray! I'm so glad for an update! Loves!

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

what in the sam hill... why has it been 2 months since you have written anything?

Nathan said...

wow...you may never read this, but I loved reading it, Heather. Hello from Russia!

LOVE YOU!

Laurel Leaves said...

I just re-found your blog. How did I lose it? Well that is a question that no one wants to hear the answer to. :-P

Kisses
Amy Laurel