Sunday, October 01, 2006

My MONTH in pictures

It's okay to update my blog while I watch conference, right? And I'm Tivo-ing in case I miss something. I love that "to Tivo" is a verb, and one that I use. I digress.

I have finally downloaded the latest photos from my camera. Now each of these events really merits its own entry, and perhaps some day that will happen. For now, I will just add some photos and go from there.

Okay. The first photos are from an amazing afternoon I spent on the Beartooth Highway with sweet David. If you leave the Northeast entrance of Yellowstone, you end up on the Beartooth. The highway itself goes to the top of the mountains, above the treeline, into miles of glacial morraine, tundra, hundreds of lakes, and views that are unbelieveable. We were there on a day that was smokey and surreal. The air was thick with grey smoke, yet the views were still breathtaking. It added to the creepiness and feeling of being on the way to Mordor... The Beartooth itself is other-worldly. I cannot wait to return on a clear day. We took most of the pictures with Dave's camera, so they will get posted someday. But for now, here are a few to whet your appetite for a roadtrip (invite me-- I'm a great roadtripper).

Alpine Lake

Waterfall at "the Footbridge" (our name for it...)

Below the falls

Smokey Sunset




Okay: next on the Month's activity list was a trip to the Utah State Fair. I love the fair. I have written about this. I love fair food, and this year's ad campaign brought tears of joy to my eyes. If you didn't see the ads, check them out here.
Anyway... to be perfectly honest, our very rainy evening at the fair was quite a disappointment, HOWEVER, a night at the fair (even in the rain) is better than a night NOT at the fair. Here are some of those photos:


Tim eats a turkey leg

Meeting the locals


Howdy, Folks!


That will have to do for now. There is more. Oh, so much more, but you will have to wait. Here is a thought: do you think the water pressure in Utah drops after the Morning session of conference when everyone who was a late-riser gets in the shower at the same time?

No comments: