Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy Birthday, Brown

September is full of birthdays. I don't even know where to begin telling about Katie's birthday, but she did a pretty good job here. There are 2 co-worker birthdays, 2 sister birthdays, etc., etc. But the very special birthday was on the 16th. It was Kiste's birthday. The only reason I really know this is that I was updating some information in her medical record at work, and it lists age in years, months, and days, and I happened to notice that it was 2 days to her 9th birthday. That means she is an old dog. She gets more and more gray on her beautiful face, gets slower and stiffer, and every little bump gets me worried, with her mast-cell history. I love this silly brown dog. She is my family. She and Max and I have a good thing going here in our little green house. She is the queen morning snuggler. This is my favorite picture of us lately. The angle is strange, because I didn't want to disturb her, so i reached for my phone on the nightstand and snapped this one morning. I just have so much love for my silly beasts...

4 comments:

King Family said...

Happy Birthday Kiste! She is such a great dog. I remember when you first got her...has it been that long?

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

Sweet brown, brown. I am going to take her for a ride in my car so she can put her shin out the window.

Janni said...

I LOVE BROWN!

Kate said...

Have I said how much I love this picture? Did you know it was on Facebook (and I didn't put it there)...

I'm lookin' for red jelly shoes...

Crazy Kate of Le monde de fromage de Kate